Ingard here, A Thrifty Mom was chosen for not only a completely amazing giveaway, but also a challenge.
Develop 4 recipes that have 6 ingredients or less and share them with you all.
I always struggle to find fresh, thrifty ideas for dinner and maybe you feel this as well. The best part of all of this is that while I am sharing four recipes over the next three weeks, YOU will be sharing yours as well (remember the limit is 6 ingredients OR less), at the end of 3 weeks a winner with the best recipe will be chosen and they will win……………..a $600 AXP gift card.
- For your first entry~Submit your recipe as your entry for a chance to WIN the $600 American Express gift card!
- For a second entry ~ post on your FaceBook page that you submitted an entry to the $600 American Express gift card and add a link to this post (learn how to do this HERE) and a comment here referring to your having done so.
- For a third entry post on your blog that you submitted your recipe and link back to this post and leave a comment here referring to your having done so.
I know not all of you have blogs but if you submit a recipe and want to share pictures of the finished product or the recipe process, we would love to see them and feature some of our favorites on our site. If you would like to be featured please leave a link to your blog post when you enter to win.
Pork chops with onion gravy:
Pork chops (I used 7), you could use hamburger patties, chicken cutlets or beef steaks
season salt (or salt and pepper) to taste
2 Tablespoons flour for the gravy
Chicken broth OR boullion (about 4 cups)
1 Tablespoon Butter (NOT pictured)
1 onion (sliced in 1/2 rings)
This Brine is optional:
- 2 Tablespoons salt to 4 cups water, soak meat in this mix for at least 30 minutes, drain and dry meat on paper towels before adding to hot oil!!!
With the costs of food, gas and clothing rising rapidly, the new Blue Cash® Cards provide a simple way for shoppers to put cash back in their pockets as they shop for every day necessities. With these new Blue Cash Cards, there are no spend minimums, cash back caps, ongoing enrollments or rotating categories of cash back benefits. The benefits don’t change, as they do with some other cards.
Both Cards immediately offer cash back in categories in which prices are particularly under pressure: gas, supermarket purchases and department stores.
Whether when shopping online or in-store, the Blue Cash Card from American Express offers an easy-to-understand rewards structure:
- For Blue Cash Preferred, it’s as simple as 6%-3%-1% (6% cash back at supermarkets, up to 3% at department stores and gas stations, and 1% on all other eligible purchases). At 6% cash back, Blue Cash Preferred offers consumers the most cash back at the supermarket available in the market today. (Blue Cash Preferred carries a $75 annual fee)
- For Blue Cash Everyday, it’s a simple as 3%-2%-1% (3% cash back at supermarkets, 2% cash back at department stores and gas stations, and 1% on all other eligible purchases) with no annual fee.
To learn more about the Blue Cash Preferred and Blue Cash Everyday cards, visit American Express blue cash cards here