Apple Nachos ~ Healthy Snack
Hey all, it’s Katie! Hungry? These Apple Nachos are a quick healthy snack or dessert. This recipe is super easy and kids can help too! My kids love these apple nachos as an after school snack and I’ve taken them to BBQs where they were demolished by kids and adults.
All you need are 3 simple ingredients:
Apples – Any kind you love. We like a tart apple like granny smiths or you could do a variety of apples.
1. Slice your apples thin and spread them out on a pan or large plate.
2. Depending on how many apples you slice and how much you love peanut butter will determine how much peanut butter you need. I did 2 apples and melted about a 1/4 cup peanut butter but used about 3 Tb for a snack for my 3 kids.
3. Put the peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and melt it in the microwave for about 20 sec. Then stir it to make it an even melty consistency. Microwave longer until it is soupy.
4. Drizzle the peanut butter over the apple slices.
5. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and serve!
You might like this too…
Butterfly Celery Snacks – Fun Healthy Snacks for Kids
To make these you need celery cut into 2 1/2 inch sticks, fill them with peanut butter. Then place two pretzels on each side to make wings. Place craisins or raisins down the middle. Break a pretzel into pieces to create antennae. You can use raisins as eyes or Wilton candy eyes.