Essential Oils are rather popular right now. You can use them in so many ways… did you know that you can use them to create a gel air freshener in just minutes and for pennies. Makes a great gift idea, too! Make sure to save this idea so you can remember it for later.
- Assorted glass jars with lids
- 2 packets of non flavored gelatin
- 1?2 cup of boiling water
- 1?2 cup of ice water
- Assorted food coloring
- Scented oil or perfume of your choice. Some good options are Lavender, chamomile, orange,peppermint, yang ylang, neroli mixed with chamomile or Rose
1. Begin by pouring the boiling water into a bowl. Stir in the two packs of gelatin powder and stir until dissolved.
2. Add in the cold water and continue to stir briskly.
3. Pour the mixture into your jars, leaving some room at the top to add your food coloring and scented oil.
4. Add in 5-7 drops of your favorite scented oil or perfume. The amount you add will depend on the size of your jar. Smaller jars will do well with 3-5 drops while larger will need more.
5. Add in 1-3 drops of food coloring in the hue of your choice. Again, the amount you add will depend on the size of your jar and how deep you wish for the color to be.
6. Stir the mixture gently so the oil and color disperses evenly.
7. Place the jar in a refrigerator for 2 hours or until set. Once your air freshener has turned to a solid gel, it is ready to be used. Place in any cool spot (out of the sun) where fragrance is needed.
If you like this recipe you might also like to try this: