Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball Recipe
In a bowl combine;
- 1 brick of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese ( you will need additional 1 cup for outside of ball)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup chopped/ minced onion ( green is BEST but use whatever you have)
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
Mix all items listed above till well mixed.
With a spoon pull mixture toward middle of the bowl, and try to form a ball. Then cover and place in refrigerator till chilled and firm.
After it has chilled, it will be easier to work with. Roll the cheese mixture into a ball, and roll in grated cheddar cheese. I found the best way to get the cheese to stick it is freeze the grated cheese….it is then hard and sticks to the cheese ball really well. Other wise it tends to get smashed and does not look as nice.
Roll the ball in the cheese till all sides are coated, press the cheese into the ball.
You can make this days ahead of time, or the day of…..Enjoy!