Blueberry Nanner Bread by Tiffany
My kids are little monkeys! I tell you, I can’t keep enough banans around. If I ever want to make my Blueberry Nanner Bread, (silly name my kiddos gave this bread.) I actually have to put some aside with a note that says… “If you want some nanner bread, pleeeease don’t eat these.” Yes, it has come down to leaving notes on anything I don’t want eaten in my home. My mom never had that problem with us girls, we hardly ever ate. Raising teenage boys is a totally different story. Whew! They eat us out of house and home. They graze alldaylong. Wish I had their hollow legs! I look at food, and BAM! It immediately goes straight to my thighs. Not fair, not fair at all! Just sayin’. 😉
I use organic evaporated cane juice sugar. Just replace equally with regular white sugar. 🙂
- 1/2 cup salted butter, room temp.
- 1 1/4 cup organic evaporated cane juice sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp.
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. confection setting.
- Grease and lightly flour a large loaf pan, set aside
- In your standing mixer, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, vanilla and bananas. Slowly stir in flour and baking soda. Once incorporated, beat for approx. five seconds on high speed.
- Fold in blueberries and nuts if using.
- Pour batter into approx. 10×5 prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hr. 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of loaf comes out clean.