Update*** I just wanted to remind you sign up for this weeks baskets opens tonight at 8pm and will close at 11 pm Tuesday . The spots will fill up quickly so don’t wait.
I am so excited to let you know that Bountiful Baskets are now in our area! They need participation in order to keep them here and to expand to more locations! Thanks to Alicia for putting forth the leg work to get this started!
Bountiful Baskets is coming to Caldwell and Middleton!
Alisha sent me this great info!!!
I recently went and trained in Washington so that I could be the Volunteer Site Coordinator here in Middleton. This is a wonderful opportunity to get high quality produce at a great price! This is what I got in my basket for my $15 contribution 2 weeks ago:
- 2 large heads of romaine lettuce
- 2 cantaloupe (1 was extra for volunteering)
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 ½ lb green beans (very thin and delicious!)
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 lb strawberries
- 3 zucchini
- 16 large plums
- 6 kiwis
- 8 large peaches
- 8 large bananas
- 1 ½-2 lbs broccoli
(Note that the contents of the basket will vary every week. Generally ½ fruits and ½ vegetables. This list is an example of what I received two weeks ago only!)
If you wish to participate in this Saturdays pick up the contribution window is from Monday August 23rd at 8pm until Tuesday August 24th at 11pm. Spots will fill up quickly!
Caldwell location will be at the corner of Ash and Kimball.
Middleton location will be at Middleton Heights Elementary.
Everyone in the Boise area is encouraged to participate in the Caldwell and Middleton locations. How quickly new sites are opened will depend on how well the Caldwell and Middleton locations do. So if you want this to expand to Nampa, Meridian and Boise soon please support these locations!
If you have any questions or you would like to volunteer for the Middleton site please email me at email@example.com. Thanks! Alicia Cole
Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op
This is a grass roots, all volunteer, no contracts, no catch co-operative.
There are many opportunities to participate!
How the Co-op works
As a group, we purchase high quality produce at wholesale prices.
Items are then distributed evenly among site participants.
- Use the website www.bountifulbaskets.org to make monetary contributions toward the pools used to purchase produce
- Choose organic or conventional (non-organic) basket(s)
- Choose the site location for local pick up
- Contribute the amount required for each item desired by the deadline(s) listed
- Pick up produce at your chosen site location at specified day and time. Refer to website for pick up locations and times.
- VOLUNTEER! Without volunteers the co-op would not be possible.
- Arrive at the site location at least an hour before pick up time
- Or, stay after distribution to help clean up
- Let your Volunteer Site Coordinator know that you want to help and they will gladly put you to work!
Reasons to Participate
- This is a great deal and you are helping others get a great deal, too. With the produce offerings, you get approximately $50 worth of grocery store-quality produce.
- This co-op encourages a healthier lifestyle.
- You meet great people!