Thanks to Passionate Penny Pincher for passing along this thrifty and creative idea to use Chalkboard Contact Paper to make the inside of your cabinet doors a chalk board. First off I had no idea Chalkboard Contact Paper or Gowrite Dry Erase Paper even existed… But my mind is swirling with all the creative ideas I could make this it! Love this idea and hope you enjoy it as well.
If you would like to be a featured guest post on Look What I Made, watch for our weekly post each Tuesday called A Thrifty online craft fair, link up and you may be selected for our weekly feature post.
Gowrite Dry Erase Rolls, 18″ X 6 Feet, White, ( if you want to do dry erase instead) $8.99
Here’s what you’ll need ~
- Chalkboard Contact Paper
- Scissors to cut contact paper to size
- A plastic card to smooth down any bumps
And here’s how to do it . . .
- Cut contact paper to fit board.
- Smooth down with credit card (I actually used the card to smooth it down with, and then creased it very tightly in the corners. The card did the cutting too!)
- “Cure” the contact paper by using the flat side of the chalk and completely covering the contact paper
- You’re all done! You could also add vinyl letters to write “menu” and “grocery list”