Arts and crafts are a great way to keep the kids busy during the summer months. If you are looking for an inexpensive craft solution, you can use different materials found around your home such as pencils, and markers along with pipe cleaners to make a pipe cleaner duck. I found this guide on the Factory Direct Craft blog.
1. Coil a white pipe cleaner around a pencil and then slide it off to the side.
2. Fold an orange pipe cleaner in half and bend the top of the folded pipe cleaner, which will become the beak.
3. The next step is to assemble the beak. This is done by sticking the orange pipe cleaner into the white torso about two coils from the top and slide it as far down as possible
4. Create the feet by bending the orange pipe cleaner’s loose ends.
5. The last step is to make the wings with the last white pipe cleaner. After creating the wings, you should attach them to the coiled section of the body.
This project is a lot of fun and your kids will love it. You really don’t have to spend a lot of money to keep your kids occupied. There are many fun craft supplies to work with, but I’ve found that pipe cleaners provide my kids with hours of entertainment.