To help families be prepared during this year’s volatile storm season, the iMapWeather Radio app will be available for FREE to the first 100,000 people who download it from the iTunes Store on May 19th only.
The iMap Weather Radio app acts as an emergency weather radio on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. When storms are coming, the iMapWeather Radio app sends location based voice and text alerts to encourage individuals and their families to seek safety or go another direction. With the radio on a mobile device, it works even if the power goes out (3G enabled devices) and at night.
The iMapWeather Radio app offers the following key safety features:
- Precise Alerts: With the iMapWeather Radio app, users only get an alert if their device or saved locations fall inside a watch/warning polygon, reducing false alarms.
- Follow Me: When on the go, users automatically receive an alert if they move into an area under a watch/warning.
- Friends and Family: With iMapWeather Radio, users can pinpoint up to five locations for the app to follow. This allows the user to ensure that their friends and family, whether at school, out of state, at a ballgame, etc., are safe as well.
- Battery Life: The application is designed to conserve your battery life even while using GPS.
- Audio: iMapWeather Radio provides audio alerts in the form of beeps followed by a brief description of the alert type – 24 hours a day.
- Video: In markets where local media partners participate, users can get live video of severe weather coverage.
On May 19th, the iMapWeather Radio app will be available for FREE to the first 100,000 individuals who download it at the App Store on all iPhones, iPads and the iPod touch.
The iMapWeather Radio app is currently available for $9.99 from the App Store on all iPhones, iPads and the iPod touch. It will also be available at the Android app store for Android devices later this year.