Thanks to Joyful Simplicity for passing along this recipe for Garlic Butter and Parmesan Cheese Popcorn & Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade. Both of these sound rather yummy and I was thinking they would be a great snack to make for date night at home Just make sure you both eat the garlic popcorn or you may kill your spouse with your breath…lol.
If you would like to be a featured guest post on Look What I Made , watch for our weekly post each Tuesday called A Thrifty online craft fair, link up and you may be selected for our weekly feature post.
Garlic Butter and Parmesan Cheese Flavored Gourmet Popcorn:
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels (makes a huge bowl of popcorn)
- 6 garlic cloves minced/pressed
- one stick of butter
- shredded/grated Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- Pop the 1/2 cup of kernels. I used an air popper, so my popcorn was completely unflavored before adding the flavors above. My 1/2 cup kernels popped a HUGE bowl of popcorn as seen above. Not sure of the exact amount of popped popcorn. You can kind of judge it, and add flavors accordingly, though. That’s what I did.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on the stovetop. Saute the garlic in the butter for a couple minutes, until golden blonde.
- Pour the butter over the popcorn. Mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the popcorn, and mix that in really well too. The recipe calls for 1/2 a cup, but you can just add however much you want. I love cheese.
- Add salt to taste.
Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 24 ounces sparkling water
- Make sure your strawberries are rinse, chopped, and ready to go.
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat on stove-top until the sugar dissolves and the liquid becomes clear.
- Put the sugar/water mixture, strawberries, and lemon juice in a blender. Puree until blended.
- In a pitcher, combine the pureed mixture with the sparkling water.
- Serve the strawberry lemonade in tall glasses with ice cubes! Straws make it even more fun! Enjoy!