The Partnership for Prescription Assistance helps qualifying patients without prescription drug coverage get the medicines they need through the program that is right for them. Many will get their medications free or nearly free.
* The PPA helps uninsured and financially struggling patients who lack prescription
coverage get access to prescription assistance programs that offer medicines
for free or nearly free.
* The PPA is free, confidential and makes it easy for patients to find programs
for which they may eligible to apply.
* Offers a single point of access to information on 475 public and private
patient assistance programs, including nearly 200 programs offered by pharmaceutical
* PPA member programs offer more than 2,500 brand-name medicines, including
a wide range of generics.
* Helps patients contact government programs such as Medicaid and Medicare.
* More than 40 of the assistance programs focus on the medication and health
care needs of children.
* Informs patients about free health care clinics in their communities.
* Assists patients with chronic disease in learning about the types of new
medicines in development that may help them.