A Thrifty Mom was asked to try a new product, Ingard was the lucky winner to get to try the Motorola HX550.
Here is what Ingard had to say:
I was super excited to try a new bluetooth. In truth for this past Mother’s day I picked a bluetooth as my gift. I tried about 4 different ones before I finally settled on one that cost $150+. I had some very specific requirement for this piece of equipment. Here a few of those:
- pair well with my phone (a Sprint Hero)
- allow me to listen to music privately while I am getting those weekly match ups at WinCo
- speak my text messages to me while I drive and respond via voice as well – provided by a downloadable app called MOTOSpeak (LIFE SAVER!)
- all while providing a clear reception (for me and the caller) while I am preparing dinner or doing house chores (or blogging) and my phone stationary and charging.
I found this unit not only fit these requirements but was:
- VERY comfortable and the earpiece switches around without removing anything so that I can change ears as needed. The compactness of this little gem is amazing, every thing folds in to fit easily in a small compartment in my purse
- and when the microphone is folded in you KNOW that it is turned off.
- Another superiority quality of this product is the battery life. It took one week before I had need to recharge it. In fact I have been using it exclusively (except once) for almost three weeks now and I have charged it the one time.
- The navigational system in my phone can be listened to through the Motorola HX550 leaving me hands free driving too.
- Plus it can be paired with two phones (in case you have a work and personal phone)
All this for under $60! Um I sorta feel like a dork about getting my almost double the cost Mother’s day Bluetooth and it doesn’t do dishes either.
Moms live busy lifestyles. Wouldn’t it be nice to have your hands free – at an affordable price? Look no further. Introducing the new Motorola HX550, a headset packed with all the features you want, so you can talk from anywhere, anytime. Motorola HX550 is the perfect combination of comfort and clarity, and is the first hands free device to let you decide the most comfortable way to wear it. Features include:
· Customizable Comfort –Whether it’s on your ear, in-ear with an earhook or in-ear without a hook, Motorola HX550 ensures you can take even the longest calls without having to worry about discomfort.
· What Background Noise? – CrystalTalk™ dual-mic noise cancellation technology means your caller can concentrate on the conversation at hand, while tuning out distracting noise.
Free to Roam – Make sure your hands-free experience stays hands-free with the Motorola HX550’s extended range that allows you talk up to 300 feet away from your mobile device.
MotoSpeak – Dictate texts hands-free as well as hear your texts and the sender’s name read aloud.
Easy as 1, 2, Flip – Simply flip the headset open to turn on and answer and flip it closed when you’re done.
· Talk, Text, Tunes – Get more than just calls – listen to navigation, music, videos and games through your headset and take advantage of the comfort fit for more than just conversation.
The Motorola HX550 has been available since September 8 with an MSRP of $59.99.
If you are wanting to pick one of these up for yourself or a loved one Ingard found them for sale at Amazon Motorola 89484N HX550 Universal Bluetooth Headset, Black $59.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
Ingard with A Thrifty Mom.com was compensated for this review with her receipt of the Motorola HX550