One Pan Dinner Ideas – Roasted Asparagus, Sausage and Garlic Potatoes
One pan dinner ideas can make your life so much easier. As a busy mom of 5 kids, one pan dinners make clean up a breeze and happy kids. Hope you enjoy this easy recipe that is full of flavor and goodness. If you would like to make this a vegetarian meal simply leave out the sausage.
- 1 pound red baby potatoes
- 8 ounces petite baby carrots (1/2 of a 16 oz. bag)
- 1 teaspoon of EACH dried thyme, dried basil, dried oregano, and paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces asparagus (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 1 package skinless smoked sausage (13 oz. (we use Kielbasa sausage)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- Start out by preheating your oven to 400. If you want easy clean up line your sheet pain with parchment paper.
- Make your spice mix. In a small bowl, mix together all of the seasonings: the dried basil, thyme, oregano, paprika, onion powder, and salt + pepper (Salt and Pepper to taste, I used about ¼ teaspoon of each). Mix together.
- Wash and dry the red baby potatoes. Cut them in half.
- Take your prepared baking sheet and spread the cut red potatoes and baby carrots, in an even layer. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil and half of the seasoning mix on top. Mix well and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Peel the yellow onion and cut into thin strips. Trim the ends of the asparagus and then cut into 2 inch pieces. Cut the sausage at a slight angle into thin coin shapes.
- Remove the potatoes and carrots from the oven and push them to one side of the pan using a spatula. On the other side add the chopped asparagus, sliced onion, sausage, and minced garlic. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and remaining seasoning mix. Toss to combine and then toss those ingredients with the potatoes and carrots.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until veggies are roasted to your preference. Top the dish with freshly grated Parmesan.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
You might also enjoy these tips:How to Can Tomatoes ~ Quick step by step guide
How to cut a whole watermelon into cubes in just a few minutes
HOW TO FREEZE STRAWBERRIES ~ 5 EASY STEPS.