Thanks to My Crowded Kitchen for passing along this recipe for her Pumpkin Bread. I know we can make this year round, but pumpkin seems to be one of the welcoming signs of fall! If you would like to be a featured guest post on Look What I Made, watch for our weekly post each Tuesday called A Thrifty online craft fair, link up and you may be selected for our weekly feature post.
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups 100% pure pumpkin
3 cups sugar
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground gloves
1. In a standing mixer, cream oil, sugar, eggs and pumpkin.
2. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, soda and spices.
3. Grease 2, 1.5 qt. loaf pans.
4. Pour equal amounts of pumpkin mixture into each loaf pan.
5. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 1 hour or until center is done. Test by sticking a knife in the middle of the loaf to check. If it comes out clean, your good.
6. Remove loaves from oven, leaving them in the loaf pans, let cool on wire rack.
Notes: If you can’t wait like us… Pop one of these babies out of the loaf pan being careful not to burn yourself and spread butter all over it, open mouth and inhale!