“I’m having problems with my 2 coupons on the buy 1 get one free items.??I used coupons on the buy 2 get 3 free at Safeway last week no problem,?but today just hasnt’ been my day and I don’t know how to argue my case.? It has happened twice TODAY.
First at Walgreens:? they wouldn’t let me use my two coupons on the Lysol toilet cleaner because it was buy 1 get one free.? And then they told me I could only use one catalina per transaction.
?I had other things I was purchasing also and had more items than coupons – I made sure of that.
What am I doing wrong?”
First let me say I do not have all the answers but I hope this will help you. When an item is buy one get one free, you should always be able to use 2 coupons , one for the item you buy and one for the item you are getting for free. ?You have to remember that a coupon is like cash, just the manufacturer pays for it not you. ?So when you use 2 coupons on a buy one get one free item, the store is going to get paid from the manufacturer on the item they just gave you for free. ?So they make more money by letting you use the coupon, So to deny the coupon is really causing the store to loose money.
You should be able to pay with as many catalinas as you want in one transaction. ?Remember these are considered Manufacturer coupons so at Walgreens you need to make sure you have more items than MFR coupons.?
Now that being said, sometimes things don’t ring up the way they should. The cashiers get flustered and take it out on the customer telling them info that is just not true. ?I don’t have your receipt so I can’t see the details, but as far as I can see, you need to go back and talk to the store manager. Go in with a smile, ask for then to explain why you were not able to use 2 coupons, ?Ask then to show you their coupon policy. I called the Walgreens customer service this morning with all the same questions. ?She said to talk to the store manager, because you SHOULD be able to use 2 coupons on a buy one get one free, and you SHOULD be able to pay with as many catalina coupons as you want. ?If you do not have luck with the manager make sure to call Walgreens customer service 1-800-925-4733, make sure you have your receipt.
(I am waiting for a call back, I asked them for a written copy of their coupons policy, that way you can ?have it in writing.)
When I first started using coupons I was scared to ask questions, I had a few cashiers that treated me like I was shop lifting for using coupons. ?I did not understand at that time that the stores gets paid 100% back plus ?8 cents for handling. ?So when I go into a store and buy $50 worth for product but with coupons only pay $10…..the store is still getting paid ?the other $40, from the manufacturer. ?Any good store manager or cashier understands this and will treat you with the respect your deserve.
Does any one else have any other suggestions?
Update this is the email from Walgreens Customer Service –
- One Walgreen and one manufacturer coupon can be used for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits such use.
- Walgreens Roto Ad Coupons, Instant Value Coupons (IVC), and a manufacturer’s coupon can be used towards the purchase of?any one item.?”One coupon per purchase” means one coupon must be tendered for each PIECE sold.
- Walgreens?does not?provide cash back if a coupon is presented for more than the purchase value of the item (e.g., the customer is using the coupon to purchase a clearance item).
- If the retail of the item is less than the face value of the coupon:
- the coupon value shall be the retail value if the state requires taxes to be paid on that item,
- the coupon value shall be the retail value plus taxes if the state does not require taxes to be paid on the item.
All valid coupons must be presented to the cashier at the time of sale only!
Yes, managers have the right to limit the quantities of all advertised items.
- Walgreens?does not?price match with other retailer.
- Walgreens?does not?accept coupons from other retailers or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
- Walgreens?does not?accept expired coupons.
- If an item purchased with a manufacturer’s coupon is returned, the customer will get the retail price of the item. If the customer purchased an item with a Walgreens coupon, the customer receives the price paid.
Example 1: If the retail price for an item is $1.49 and the manufacturers coupon was 25? off, the refund amount would be $1.49 plus tax.
Example 2:?If the retail price for an item is $1.49 and the Walgreens coupon was 25? off, the refund amount would be $1.24 plus tax.
REDEEMING CATALINA COUPONS
Important limitations regarding the use of the Catalina Coupons, such as expiration date, always appear on the front of the coupon and need to be enforced.
- Must be used prior to expiration date on the coupon
- Must be accompanied by the required purchase
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer for the same item
- Treat all Catalina Coupons like manufacturer’s coupons and place all redeemed Catalina Coupons in the cash drawer