Each day we will be posting A Thrifty Light recipe from one of our readers. At the end of the month, one of you will win a $25.00 Gift Card. For all the details click here. Keep those thrifty and healthy recipe tips coming!!!
Please submit your recipes on this post HERE, or to our email with the word Thrifty Recipe on the subject line.
Raw Pecan Sandies
Thanks to Rhonda Malkmus for this recipe
The melt in your mouth cookies that are good for you, too!
- • 2 cups ground pecans
- • 1 ¾ cups dried unsweetened coconut
- • 1 ¼ cup Medjool dates (pitted & soaked in just enough water to cover for 30 minutes, drain, and save soak water)
- • ¼ cup raw unfiltered honey or maple syrup
- • ¼ cup coconut butter
- • 1 tsp pure vanilla
- • 1 tsp almond extract (optional)
- • ½ tsp Celtic or Himalayan salt
- • 1 Tbsp flax seeds (ground)
- • 24 pecan halves
1. In a food processor with the “S” blade in place, grind pecans to a fine meal.
2. Add remaining ingredients (except flax seeds and pecan halves) including date soaking water and process until “dough” rolls into a ball.
3. Add ground flax seeds and blend again.
4. Removing one tablespoon at a time, roll into a ball and place onto a Teflex sheet.
5. Flatten with the back of a spoon. Press a pecan half into the flattened cookie.
6. Dehydrate at 107 degrees for 12-24 hours or they can be eaten raw.