Luck o’ the Irish Cake Pops
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Refrigerate: 2 hours
- 1 package (18 1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Green Food Color
- 3/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 bag (14 ounces) white confectionary coating wafers
- Lollipop sticks
- Green sprinkles (optional)
1. Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding food color. Bake as directed on package for
13×9-inch baking pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
2. Crumble cake into large bowl. Add marshmallow creme; mix until well blended. Shape into
1-inch balls. Refrigerate 2 hours.
3. Melt coating wafers as directed on package. For each Cake Pop, dip 1/2 inch of lollipop stick
into melted coating. Insert dipped end of lollipop stick halfway into cake ball. Let stand until
coating is set. Dip each cake pop into melted coating. Shake gently to remove excess coating.
Sprinkle or roll cake pops in green sprinkles, if desired. Place cake pops in styrofoam blocks.
Let stand until coating is set.
Makes 4 dozen cake pops.
Test Kitchen Tips:
Substitute 1/2 cup canned vanilla frosting for the marshmallow creme.
If styrofoam blocks are not available, use upside-down foam egg cartons or a cardboard box to
hold the cake pops.
Recipe and Photo Credit thanks to McCormick