Chicken Dill and Broccoli Bread Recipe
I posted a photo of this last week on my Menu Plan, and a few of you asked for the recipe. Only problem is, this is one of those “throw it together” type of meals, and each time I make it, it is a little bit different. You can use different meat, cheese, vegetables… even different bread. BUT that being said I will try and tell you how I make this.
You will need: (you can change these to fit your family’s needs or taste)
- Bread dough, you can buy it in the tube or here is a recipe but I would add a little extra flour to make the dough a little more stiff.
- Cooked Chicken 1 large breast diced per bread wrap, seasoned with garlic and dill
- 1/2 brick of cream cheese (4oz) per bread wrap (so I used a whole brick)
- 1-2 cups steamed broccoli per bread wrap
- cheese, any kind you want…. I used Havarti since that is what we had
- 1 egg plus 2 table spoons water, to make an egg wash for the outside
I always make a large batch of bread, and then cut it in half to make two braids (feeds 6 of us). If you family is smaller, then you may want to only make one.
Roll your bread dough out thin, just larger than you baking tray. Cut it in half, slide one side onto a greased baking sheet.
Down the middle of the dough on the sheet smear an even layer of Cream Cheese, then layer on the cooked chicken, steamed broccoli and top with cheese.
With a knife or a pair of kitchen scissors, make slits every 1-2 inches along the side.
Fold the bottom up, and them criss cross the bread to create a braid.
Once you are done, brush on a little egg wash and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-35 minutes depending on your bread recipe.
The finished product is kind of like a giant home made hot pocket…
But taste much better 🙂
You can do this with ham, cheese and broccoli….or Chicken, Sundried tomatoes and cheese… just about anything works.