I am excited to let you know that this week we will be working with Eggo. We have been selected as a Chief Waffle Officer and get to share 7 amazing recipes with you, all featuring Eggo’s. Everything from breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack! I hope these recipes give you some creative ideas, because you can make your own and enter them in the Great Eggo Waffle Off for a chance to win $5000!
Eggo Breakfast Kebabs by Tiffany
I’m all about trying to make breakfast fun for my kiddos or visitor’s kiddos when we have them, as well as the adults in our life. These made a pretty presentation and very easy to assemble. The kids and adults both got a kick out of eating their breakfast off a skewer, perfect for those little fingers in your life too.
Skewered with cute, little, mini Eggo cinnamon toast waffles and a variety of fruit, chicken sausage, drizzled with pure maple syrup and sprinkled with powdered sugar – provided this momma with a bunch of morning smiles. SCORE! And it counts.
Yields approx. 16 Breakfast Kebabs
- 2 boxes (10.75 oz) each Eggo waffles Cinnamon Toast
- 1 package (13.3oz) Isernio’s Chicken Breakfast Sausage or your favorite brand
- Approx. 2lbs. strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) whole mandarin oranges, drained
- Approx. 5 kiwi peeled and quartered
- Approx. 16 bamboo skewers
- powdered sugar, optional
- pure maple syrup
- Prepare fruit by washing, draining, hulling, etc. Set aside.
- Prepare sausage per packaged directions. Once cooled enough to handle, cut into 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Toast waffles in your toaster. Gently tear or cut waffles apart to make individual mini waffles.
- You’re now ready to start skewering your fruit, sausage and waffles. There’s no wrong or right way, so do whatever tickles your fancy. 😉
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired and drizzle with warm maple syrup; serve.
Disclaimer Eggo supplied the tools needed to create the recipes show above and a stipend.