Frugal Fall Toilet Paper Leaf Stamps
Create a whole tree of lovely fall leaves when you try this toilet paper leaf stamps activity. Using just a leftover toilet paper roll, you can make your own perfect fall leaves in just seconds. Kids are sure to love this hands on activity that practices not only colors but motor skills as well, and you will love that this is a frugal fall craft you can enjoy for just pennies. Take a look below at how to get started on your own toilet paper leaf stamps!
- White paper
- Brown craft ribbon
- Red, yellow, and orange craft paint
- 3 Cardboard rolls (a toilet paper or paper towel roll is perfect)
- Craft glue
1. Begin by taking the brown ribbon and creating the trunk of the tree. To do this, cut the brown ribbon into several different lengths. Glue the longest length down on some white paper for the trunk, then go back and add on smaller lengths for branches.
2. Continue this process of arranging and gluing the ribbon until the skeleton of your tree is formed.
3. It is now time to create your toilet paper stamp leaves. Begin by putting a few drops of each paint color on a plate. You will now want to spread it around into a thin layer.
4. Gently press the toilet paper down roll so a more oval shape is formed. Instead of the mouth of the roll being round, you want it slightly bent, in more of a leaf shape.
5. Dip the end of the cardboard rolls into the paint and press them to the paper. Press firmly and remove. The leaf shape should now be in place. Repeat the process using all of the colors, placing them all over the trunk of the tree. It is important to have several rolls on hand, or cut the rolls you have in half so you have one for each color. Once your leaves are dry, the piece can be displayed. Give this fun and frugal fall craft a try. It is a great way to get kids into the fall spirit for less!
More Thanksgiving and Fall Ideas:Turkey Pretzel Pops
Free Printable Count and Color Turkey Thanksgiving art