Cinco de Mayo Recipe Idea
Fiesta Corn Layered Salad Recipe
If your family likes tacos then they should LOVE this salad. Perfect for a cool meal on a hot summer day, and lets face it… it looks pretty to…. and pretty food is always fun to eat.
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 teaspoons Mexican chili powder
- 3 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash or pepper
- 4-6 cups chopped ice burg lettuce (1 small head or 1/2 a large head, you never know what size the store will have)
- 1 (14-ounce) can Sweet yellow corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bell pepper (red or green) take out the seeds and dice
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup black olives sliced
- 1 small red onion chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups shredded cheese Mexican blend
- 3-5 cups corn chips
To make the dressing add the mayonnaise, sour cream, chili powder, cilantro, cumin, salt, and pepper. Put it all into one bowl mix well and set aside. The flavors will get stronger the longer it sets so you can even make it the night before if you want. Just keep it in the refrigerator.
To make your salad get a glass bowl or trifle dish. Put half of the chopped lettuce on the bottom of the bowl, Spread half of the mayonnaise mixture on the lettuce. Next comes the toppings layer, sprinkle half each of the corn, black beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, olives, onions, and cheese. Then put half the corn chips on top. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients. IF you are not going to eat for awhile you night leave the chips off so they do not get limp. Sprinkle them on right before serving.
Easy and Cheap Restaurant style salsa ~ Cinco de Mayo Recipe