Honey Garlic Chicken by Tiffany
Put your hands in the air if you love your crock pot! I LOVE when I find a great crock pot recipe or develop one, don’t you?! They just seem to make my sometimes crazy schedule much less hectic. The other night I was thinking about a recipe my mom gave me years ago. The recipe wasn’t for the crock pot and wasn’t even for chicken, buuuut I had an idea and got to adapting. Voilà! Honey Garlic Chicken was born. This recipe got a big thumbs up all around the table. I served Honey Garlic Chicken along side steamed broccoli with sour dough garlic toast, but rice or mashed potatoes would have made a great companion too! Enjoy.
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 7 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 heaping tablespoons cornstarch
- In your crock pot/slow cooker, whisk together ketchup, honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, onion and red pepper together.
- Place chicken breast in crock pot/slow cooker, spoon sauce mixture over chicken.
- Cook on low for 5 hours or until chicken easily falls apart.
- Remove chicken breast from crock pot. Whisk cornstarch into the sauce mixture in your crock pot/slowcooker, cover with lid and set crock pot/slow cooker to high. Sauce will thicken after about 5 minutes. Turn crock pot/slow cooker off. Return chicken to crock pot, cover chicken with sauce. Serve.