How to make a Paper Lily ~ DIY craft for kids
Earlier this week I showed you how to make a paper rose and paper daisies. Last but not least I will show you how to make a paper lily, you can make all three for a great bouquet of flowers. Perfect for Mothers Day or any other special occasion.
To make these you will need:
- Chop stick or Straw
- Green tissue paper
- pink crepe paper
1. Wrap a chopstick with green tissue paper, securing with tape. (You can also use a green bendy straw.)
2. Cut 7 pieces of pink crepe paper into 3 inch long sections.
3. Smooth out the top half of the long side of 1 piece of crepe paper.
4. Glue the smooth long side to the opposite long crinkled side to form a horn shape
5. Slide the green wrapped stick or bendy straw into the center of the horn you created above and glue or secure with tape.
6. Using the remaining 6 pieces of paper, cut out a petal shape with a small tab the bottom. It will look similar to a light bulb shape.
7. Secure each petal by the bottom squared section with glue around the bottom of the horn-shaped petal.
If you like this idea you might also like these Mothers Day gift and DIY ideas:
Personalized flower pail ~ Mother’s day gift