What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Cinnamon Rolls and Fruit Smoothies
- Dinner- Beef Tacos with Corn Tortillas
- Breakfast- Blue Berry Breakfast Cake
- Lunch- Cheese vegetable soup (left over from Saturday)
- Dinner- Roast Beef Potato Rolls, with Brown Gravy and Green Tossed Salad.
- Breakfast- Cinnamon Rolls left over from Sunday
- Lunch- Left Over Roast Beef Potato Rolls and salad
- Dinner- Frozen Pizza (cause I was gone teaching a class) , Strawberry short cake for dessert
- Breakfast- Hot Oatmeal and Apples
- Lunch- Tuna Sandwich, Banana and carrot sticks
- Dinner- BBQ Pork Chops, Cheddar Cheese Macaroni, and Southwestern Corn
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal
- Lunch- Apples with peanut butter and fruit smoothies
- Dinner- Taco Soup and Corn Bread
Friday and Saturday
- I became very sick and was doing good just to move. Yes my family was fed… but it was…. hmmm shall we say not worth posting on the menu plan. Frozen Pizza, Toast and Cold cereal are not exactly worth bragging about …lol!