What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Pears, Chocolate Chip Apple Sauce Zucchini Muffins
- Dinner- Pork Tenderloin, Rice, Red Potatoes and tomatoes
- Breakfast- Peach smoothie and Toast
- Lunch- Apples and Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
- Dinner-Meat Loaf Patties, Oven Baked Red Potatoes and Sweet Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal
- Lunch- Apples, left over Meatloaf , potatoes and tomatoes
- Dinner- Corn on the cob…. yip that was it. Fresh from the field it really is good enough to have as a meal!
- Breakfast- Hot Oatmeal, and apples
- Lunch- Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich, Apples and celery slices
- Dinner- Roast Beef Potato Rolls, with Brown Gravy and Green Tossed Salad and Baked Apples for dessert
- Breakfast-Chocolate Chip Apple Sauce Zucchini Muffins
- Lunch- Apples, Cottage Cheese, Fresh Tomatoes
- Dinner-Crisp Meat Burritos with guacamole
- Breakfast- Yogurt and granola
- Lunch- Apples, Chocolate Chip Apple Sauce Zucchini Muffins
- Friday-Creek Creamy Potato soup, and bread sticks
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Blue Berry Waffles, Yogurt
- Dinner- Took the kids to dinner and fall party at the Church