Not Your Granny’s Brownie by Tiffany
I think most of us have all heard of the dessert that has the nut crust, cream cheese/ pudding center with whipped topping on top, right?! I have heard this particular dessert called many different names. But I’ll never forget the name I I grew up calling it, Better Than Robert Redford. How about you, what do you call it? Robert Redford dessert is requested for just about every birthday we have. Our oldest turned 18 just a few days ago and wanted, yep, you guessed it, Robert Redford dessert. Just for fun, I wanted to try it a bit different and made a yummy variation of the original dessert. The results were super chocolatey yumminess. Enjoy!
- 1 box 19.5 oz. family size chocolate fudge brownie mix + ingredients to make brownies
- 1 box 3.4 oz. vanilla instant pudding & pie filling
- 1 box 3.4 oz. chocolate instant pudding & pie filling
- 1 box 8 oz. cream cheese, room temp.
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 containers 8 oz. each Cool Whip, (reserve one cup)
- 1 Hershey’s chocolate bar 1.55oz or candy bar of your choice, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. confection setting. Prepare brownies as directed on box. Pour brownie mix in a 3qt. greased baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let brownie cool completely.
In a standing mixer, beat cream cheese, 1 cup Cool Whip and powdered sugar. Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled brownie. Wash out mixer bowl. Next, combine chocolate & vanilla pudding with milk in your standing mixer, beat. Spread pudding mixture over cream cheese mixture. Top with Cool Whip, chopped candy & nuts if desired. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.