Stuffed Mushrooms ~ Finger Food for GameDay
Stuffed Mushrooms are rather easy to make, but can be intimidating if you have never made them before. But they are worth the time to learn if you enjoy them. This is a recipe that works great as finger food for parties or social gatherings. With the Super Bowl next weekend this is the perfect time to learn.
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
Servings: 2 (or 6 if this is finger food for a party)
• 12 organic button mushrooms
• 4 oz Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese, softened
• 3 Applegate Naturals Uncured Good Morning strips bacon, finely chopped
• 1 small shallot, peeled and finely chopped
• 2 organic garlic cloves, peeled and minced
• 2 tablespoons organic green onions, chopped
• 1 oz Frigo Crumbled Blue Cheese
• (1 tablespoon red wine – optional)
• salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Rinse each mushroom and dry with paper towels. Gently break off stems and
3. Covered with paper towel in microwave, cook 3 strips bacon (the 3rd is for you
to eat while you cook) until lightly brown and crisp. Remove from microwave
and set aside. In pan, add shallots and garlic and sauté until lightly browned.
Add chopped mushroom stems and continue to cook, stirring regularly, for
about 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Optional – add in
red wine and continue to cook, stirring regularly, until mushrooms are tender
and liquid is evaporated. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and blue cheese. Fold in mushroom
blend, crisp bacon bits and green onions in pan.
5. Arrange mushroom caps gills down on a baking sheet and lightly smear with
olive oil. Bake in a 400 F oven for about 4 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms
start to leak. Turn mushroom caps to cavity side up and using a small spoon,
fill with cheese mixture. Return to oven and bake at 400 F for another 5 to 6
minutes or until stuffing is heated through and tops are golden brown.