Harvest Pumpkin Turkey Chili recipe ~ made in the slow cooker
Fall is here which means adding pumpkin to everything is fair game. If you are looking for a hearty meal to fill your tummy, yet healthy at the same time. Then you are going to love this Harvest Pumpkin Turkey Chili recipe, best part is you can make it in the crock pot or slow cooker for a fast and easy dinner idea.
Yields: 6 servings Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 3 hours
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 1 15 oz. can chili beans
- 1 15 oz. can seasoned black beans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
1. Add a splash of oil to the bottom of your skillet over medium high heat, add onions and ground turkey. Cook until turkey is not longer pink and crumbles. Drain off extra fat that may have formed in your pan while cooking the turkey.
2. Add the cooked turkey and onions into your slow cooker. Pour in and stir all remaining ingredients. Set crock pot to the low heat setting. Cover and cook for 3-5 hours. Serve hot topped with grated cheese, other great things to serve it with are diced green onions, sour cream, corn chips, chopped tomatoes, bread sticks or corn bread.
You might also like these deals:
Easy DIY Halloween Fog , for the best SPOOKY party ever
Switch Witch ~ perfect solution when your kids get TOO much candy on Halloween
Looking for More Online Deals? Click here for more THRIFTY DEALS. Please note that Amazon prices tend to change often so prices may be higher or lower without notice.