Each day we will be posting A Thrifty Light recipe from one of our readers. At the end of the month, one of you will win a $25.00 Gift Card. For all the details click here. Keep those thrifty and healthy recipe tips coming!!!
Please submit your recipes on this post HERE, or to our email with the word Thrifty Recipe on the subject line.
Thanks Amy for this Thrifty Light recipe:
We are working on healthy eating. While this is not low cal, it is low fat and supper yum. Leave off the optional cheese and sour cream and it is Vegan as well.
Amy’s Veggie Chili
- 2 cans black beans
- 2 cans white beans
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 2 cans garbanzo beans
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can vegetarian bbq beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 packet chili seasoning mix
- ¼ – ½ packet Weber Chipotle Marinade Mix (photo below)
- 2 bags frozen Morning Star Crumbles
- 1 small white onion chopped (Optional)
- 1 cup diced bell pepper (mixed colors) (Optional)
DO NOT DRAIN CANS. Add all ingredients to large stockpot and simmer for 1 hour on stove or cook in Crockpot on low for 4 hours. Season to taste.
Serve with chopped onions, cheese and/or sour cream if desired.
Serves 12-15 EASILY