White Chocolate Andes Layered Fudge by Tiffany
I absolutely LOVE this time of year! I enjoy the fellowship with friends and family, the Christmas parties, the delicious goodies delivered by friends, the beautiful Christmas cards that come in the mail and the smiles on my kids’ faces when they are opening presents on Christmas morning. If you couldn’t guess, Christmas is one of my favorite holidays.
One of my favorite things to do around this time of year is create new recipes in my kitchen. My family loves fudge, so I’m always experimenting with different ways to make it. While talking on the phone with my mom the other day, she said, “Tiffany, I think you should make a fudge with those yummy Andes mints.” That’s all she had to say. I love those babies! This layered minty goodness was born. A white chocolate creamy fudge with three layers of delicious Andes Chocolate Mints. Thanks mom for the inspiration. Enjoy!
- 2 packages (4.67 oz. each) Andes Creme De Menthe Thins, coarsely chopped
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temp.
- 2 packages (12 oz. each) vanilla chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure mint extract
- Line a 2 qt. baking dish with waxed paper.
- Open mints, discard wrapper and coarsely chopped. Divide mints evenly into to three piles. (approx. 18 mints in each pile.)
- Layer one pile of mints into the bottom of your lined baking dish, set aside.
- In a large heavy-duty saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, butter, and vanilla chips; cook and stir over low heat until butter and vanilla chips are melted.
- Remove from heat, stir in extracts.
- Pour 1/2 the mixture evenly over the mints.
- Top mixture with another pile of mints.
- Pour remainder of mixture over mints. Layer with remainder mints.
- Cover and refrigerate until set. Approx. 1 hour. Cut into squares.