With a new school year just around the corner many of you will be trying to find thrifty deals as you fill your carts with back to school items. This can be a stressful time of year for those on a limited budget. So we are excited that One lucky A Thrifty Mom reader will win a $75 Visa Gift Card to help purchase the items on their back to school list.
To enter to win:
Leave a comment on this post sharing your best back-to-school shopping tips and tricks ( you can a tip daily, so come back each day to enter to win)
More ways to enter to win ( leave a comment for each, or tell us you already to the following)
- Take a look at our recipes pick on you like and pin it to Pinterest
- Add our A Thrifty Mom Button to your blog- click here for the code
- Like A Thrifty Mom on Facebook page
- Sign up for our FREE daily updates via email or feed
- Follow us on twitter or tweet about this giveaway #ATMGiveaway
A few of my favorite tips to help you save:
- Think ahead, our kids have a dress code. So we need to buy polo shirts and dark jeans or blue pants. But if we wait till August to look for polo shirts every store it cleared out or they are going to charge way to much. Watch for sales year round to avoid those last minute over priced purchases.
- One thing you should wait till July or August to buy is school supplies. If you buy a 24 ct box of crayons any other time of year you are looking at paying $1.50-$3 depending on what brand you pick. But if you watch the back to school sale you can get them for $.25- $1.00 at most stores.
- Do not get to caught up in logos and brands. If your kids school list has 6 file folders, you could buy the folders with your kids favorite super hero on them for $1.00 – $2.50 each (costing you as much as $15)… or you can buy the plain ones for $.15 each with a total out of pocket cost under a dollar.
Here are a few of Visa tips
- Stick to your means. The current economy has driven consumers to spend with the money they have, rather than accumulate debt. Using a gift card can help you stick to your budget and spend wisely.
- Use money-saving perks and benefits. Visa.com has many different benefits at online retailers such as OldNavy.com and Target.com. For a list of all our perks and benefits, visit our website.
- Track your spend. By keeping track of purchases, monitoring card balances, and checking account histories online, at their bank’s website, you can learn just where the money goes, set and monitor financial goals and better prepare to spend smarter in the future.
Last day to enter the giveaway is 08/06/12 at 10pm mtn time. Thanks to Visa for providing me a prize to giveaway. All opinions are my own. You must supply a valid email address at time of posting comment. We never sell or trade emails. Winner will be chosen by Random.org. Giveaway is promoted by A Thrifty Mom.com as a media outlet. Winner must live in the USA, 18 years or older and void where prohibited. Prize pack will she shipped buy the sponsor of the gift pack. Sponsored Post