Fairy Godmother Wand ~ Cinderella Party Ideas
Bibity Bobity BOO…. how many of you danced around singing that song when you were little? I know I did, and now my girls sing it too. If you are going to have a Cinderella party and need a fun craft or party favor gift idea this is a low cost but fun project to do.
• White tapered candles (found at Dollar Tree)
• Silver Extra Fine Glitter (found at Michael’s or Hobby Lobby)
• Elmer’s Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive (found at Hobby Lobby)
Additional supplies needed:
• parchment or wax paper
1. Cut the wick off the top of the tapered candle using a pair of sharp scissors. Since this is for play, it won’t end up being lit so the string is not needed.
2. Lay down a piece of wax or parchment paper on a table. This will serve as an area to place your candle on once sprayed. It will allow the candle to not stick to the surface. Note: I highly recommended spraying the adhesive outside to avoid surrounding surfaces to become sticky.
3. Spray the candle using the spray adhesive in small and sort bursts (remember to hold the can at least 6 inches away from the candle to avoid large globs of adhesive).
4. Sprinkle some of the glitter on top of the area you sprayed with the adhesive. Allow to dry.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the entire candle is covered in glitter.
6. Allow to air dry completely before play. You can also give the entire candle one last spray of adhesive to ensure all the glitter is sealed.
7. Wrap a cute bow around it and it is ready for play!
These also make great party favors for a Cinderella party!
You might also like these deals:
Glitter Jar ~ Have Courage and Be Kind ~ Cinderella inspired
Have Courage, Be Kind: The Tale of Cinderella hardcover with free shipping options
Looking for More Online Deals? Click here for more THRIFTY DEALS. Please note that Amazon priced tend to change often so prices may be higher or lower without notice