DIY Bird Feeder by Tiffany – When I was little and in school we made these easy DIY bird feeders. I thought my kiddos ages 3 and 6 were old enough to make them, so we gave it a go. They did a fantastic job and had so much fun making them. After we hung our bird feeders, we sat patiently and watched to see if the birdies would come, and they did! My three year old daughter thought this was the best project EVER! She was even nice enough to bring more empty rolls of toilet paper, wasn’t that sweet?! Yes, she unrolled several rolls before I knew what she was doing. Little stinker! 🙂
- Bird Seed
- Creamy Peanut Butter (challenge yourself with the crunchy 🙂 ..)
- Empty Toilet Paper Rolls
- String, Ribbon or Twine
- Scissors, for cutting ribbon
1. Put the ribbon through the toilet paper tube and make a knot at the top. (This can be done before or after rolling in peanut butter & bird seed. We’ve done it both ways.)
2. Spread peanut butter all over toilet paper tube.
3. Roll peanut butter covered tube in bird seed.
4. Hang in your favorite tree & watch the birdies come. 🙂
Thanks Tiffany – hope your lil cutie pie has fun hanging those!