Easy Homemade Healthy Fried Rice Recipe
Our family loves fried rice, so I figured it was time to try and make it at home. I am not sure why I waited so long, it is EASY TO MAKE and so much healthier than the restaurant version. Plus you can fix it the way you like. It is also a great low cost side dish, and reheats well for left-overs.
To make this you will need:
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 3 Tablespoons sesame oil (or vegetable oil) – I find Sesame Oil gives it more of the taste of a Chinese Restaurant
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3-4 Tablespoons soy sauce
1. On medium high heat, heat the oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the peas/carrots mix, onion and garlic. Stir fry until tender.
2. Lower the heat to medium low and push the stir fry off to one side, then pour eggs on the other side of skillet. Stir fry until scrambled.
3. Now add the rice and soy sauce and blend all together well. Stir fry until thoroughly heated. Enjoy!
You might also like these recipes:
Teriyaki Chicken over rice recipe
Cashew Chicken and Broccoli ~ One pot meal ready in less than 15 minutes