How To Make A Paper Daisy
Giving a flower to someone is a token of affection and love. But getting fresh flowers is not always an option, so these paper flowers are a fun DIY project for kids. Perfect for a get well gift, or a Mothers Day bouquet. They can be made in just a few minutes and cost pennies to make.
To make these you will need:
- Chop stick or Straw
- Green tissue paper
- White crepe paper
- Yellow tissue paper
To Create a Paper Daisy:
1. Wrap a chopstick with green tissue paper, securing with tape. (You can also use a green bendy straw.)
2. Cut a 16 inch long section of white crepe paper.
3. Fold it repeatedly in 1 inch sections by wrapping around your fingers.
4. Cut strips into the top 3-quarters of the paper.
5. Unwind the frayed paper and glue the bottom un-cut portion to your green stem.
6. Circle the paper around the stem, occasionally securing with a tiny dot of glue.
7. Once the entire length of paper is spiraled around the top of the stem, secure with glue and fluff petals.
8. Tear off a small portion of yellow tissue paper, about the size of a quarter, roll or crunch it into a ball and glue into the center of the daisy.
More Mothers Day Ideas: