What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch-Blue Berry Waffles and Fresh Squeezed apple juice
- Dinner- BBQ Beef Sandwich, Jello with bananas, Sweet Potato Casserole
- Breakfast- Blue Berry Waffles and Fresh Squeezed apple juice
- Lunch- Left over from Dinner, BBQ sandwich, Sweet potatoes and Jello
- Dinner- Oven Roasted Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy and Stuffing balls
- Breakfast- Carnation Instant Breakfast, and toast and Bananas
- Lunch- Chicken Sandwich, Apples and grapes
- Dinner-Beef and vegetable pot pie
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal and bananas
- Lunch- Left over Pot Pie
- Dinner- Beef Tortilla Roll ups , guacamole, Jello and Green Salad
- Breakfast- Blue Berry Waffles and fresh Squeezed apple juice
- Lunch- Chicken Salad Sandwich, Apples and Carrot sticks
- Dinner- Ate at Trunk Or Treat So People Can Eat
- Breakfast-Blue Berry Waffles and fresh Squeezed apple juice
- Lunch- Sweet Shredded Pork Tacos
- Friday- Pizza for Wilson Schools PTO Fundraiser (thanks Papa Johns)