What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Banana Cream Cheese Muffins,
- Dinner- Salmons patty, Green Salad, Rice with herbs and Brussels sprouts
- Breakfast- Banana Cream Cheese Muffins,
- Lunch- Egg and cheese burrito, oranges and pineapple
- Dinner- Ham and Roast Beef sandwich on an Onion Roll, Cucumber Salad
- Breakfast- Hot Oatmeal and Scrambled Eggs
- Lunch- Ham and Roast Beef sandwich on an Onion Roll, with carrot sticks
- Dinner- Grilled Cheese and Potato Bacon Chowder
- Breakfast-Cold Cereal and Bananas
- Lunch- Tuna Salad Sandwich, Chips and Cucumbers
- Dinner- Grilled Chicken Breast with Spinach and Mushroom sauce, CousCous and Green Salad
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal and Bananas
- Lunch- Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich, apple slices
- Dinner- Michael Angelo’s Lasagna, Bread Sticks, Green Peas and Green Salad
- Breakfast- Blue Berry Breakfast Cake
- Lunch- Green Salad with Candied Pecans, crasians, and carrots.
- Friday- Went out to eat with a Gift Card at IHOP