What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Hot Oatmeal, and bananas
- Dinner- Tomato Sandwhiches, Watermelon, cucumbers and corn on the cob
- Breakfast- Egg and Cheese sandwich on toast, bananas
- Lunch- Peanut Butter and Jelly, green grapes and carrots
- Dinner- Hand made baked Chicken Strips, fresh tomatoes, green beans and corn on the cob
- Breakfast- Scrambled egg and cheese breakfast burritos
- Lunch- Left over Chicken Strips, and corn
- Dinner- Sweet Shredded Pork Tacos
- Breakfast- Carnation instant breakfast and toast
- Lunch- Orange Juice, Almonds, cheese and grapes (yes I know kind of strange but that is what we ate)
- Dinner- Homemade Pork taquitos, Cilantro Ranch and corn on the cob
- Breakfast- Hot Oatmeal
- Lunch- Peanut butter and Jelly, grapes, bell peppers and carrot sticks
- Dinner- Procipine Meat balls, Baked Zucchini spears, garlic bread and fresh cantaloupe
- Breakfast- Shredded Wheat, and nectarines
- Lunch- Left over Meat Balls, and Cantaloupe
- Friday- Date Night with Matt… we ate at Olive Garden
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Pear, nectarine smoothies with French toast
- Dinner-BBQ at Grandma and Grandpa House