Spread the love
Monte Cristo Waffle Sandwich
Here is a FUN twist on the Monte Cristo, perfect for these late mornings this week, since my kids are on Christmas breaks.
Yields 1 sandwich
- 3 Eggo Waffles – Homestyle
- 4 slices oven roasted turkey
- 4 slices honey ham
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- Dijon or honey mustard
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- raspberry or blackberry jam, optional
- Bring Eggo waffles to room temp. We’re going to make a triple decker out of this baby.
- Lightly spread mayonnaise and mustard onto waffle. Next, layer 1 slice of cheese, 2 slices turkey and 2 slices ham on waffle. Top with another waffle, again lightly spreading mayonnaise and mustard. Layer middle waffle with 1 slice of cheese, 2 slices turkey and 2 slices ham. Top with remaining waffle to make a triple decker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg, milk and salt.
- In a medium skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat.
- Dip entire waffle sandwich in egg mixture.
- Fry, until lightly golden brown on each side. Approx. 6 minutes total. Serve with raspberry or blackberry jam, optional.