Thanks to This Is Savvylicious for passing along this Peanut Putter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe… kind of a fun twist to the same banana bread recipe. The bread sound good, but the glaze makes is sound even better!!!
If you would like to be a featured guest post on Look What I Made, watch for our weekly post each Tuesday called A Thrifty online craft fair, link up and you may be selected for our weekly feature post.
Prep Time: 15 mins. Bake Time: 60 mins. Serves: 10
- 1 1/2 c. ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 c. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. light butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 c. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. skim milk
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray loaf pan with floured cooking spray (such as Baker’s Joy).
2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed.
3. Add sugars. Beat until well-blended.
4. Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Beat until will blended.
5. Add chocolate chips. Stir gently with a spoon to mix.
6. Pour into loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour.
7. Remove from oven. Cool in pan 10 mins. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Combine glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over bread.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Calories: 327 calories Fat: 13 g Carbohydrates: 49 g Protein: 6 g Weight Watchers Points Plus: 9