Spring Wreath- Look What I Made

Spread the love

atmgraphiclook

Thanks to The Burke Lodge for passing along this how to post on the beautiful spring wreath she made.  If you would like to be a featured guest post on Look What I Made , watch for our weekly post each Tuesday called A Thrifty online craft fair, link up and you may be selected for our weekly feature post.

So this is my latest creation… I have been wanting a new wreath for our front door… something green, something fresh?… and not insanely expensive!
I started out with the following supplies:
1 – Pair of wire cutters (free, thanks Andrew!)
1 – Roll of 26(?) gauge green floral wire ($1.99 – 40% = $1.27 after tax)
1 – 18″ Floral Wreath ($2.99 – 40% = $1.85 after tax)
14 – Green Hydrangea Silk Flowers ( $5.99 each – 40% sale – 20% coupon = $2.85ea or $41 after tax)
I get all my supplies from Michaels – and never shop without a coupon… The flowers were my Vday gift and were already on sale, plus we used a 20% off your entire purchase coupon to make them less than half the original price. I arranged them loosely on the wreath in the store and 14 looked about right for me.
Total cost: $45  – which we think is a pretty fair price for such a large wreath – plus it is exactly what we want.
?
I started by pulling all the ‘buds’ off the the fake stems. I decided that it would help let the wreath sit flat against our door if I removed the buds from the flower and attached everything individually – rather than have the bottom of the stem poking out behind the wreath.
The I used floral wire, in a twist-tie fashion to secure the buds to the wreath. Be Careful! The wire is sharp! After tying the buds on, I trimmed the wire and rolled the sharp sides in towards the flowers so they wouldn’t poke out the back. I also pre-cut the wire into 2″ strips so I did not have to start and stop over and over to cut my wire.
Attaching the flowers took FOREVER! I recommend counting how many buds you have and dividing them equally per section of the wreath – for this wreath I had 9 sections (based on the wreath wires) and 46 buds – so I did ~ 5 per section to make sure they were evenly dispersed.
Once I was finished I hung the wreath on our front door. The previous owners had attached a clasp to the door so I did not need a wreath hanger or ribbon – but you may need those things.

Comments are closed.