St Patricks Day Crafts For Kids ~ Easy to make DIY Leprechaun Gold
Everyone dreams of finding a pot of gold, well dreams really do come true with this easy to make DIY St Patricks Day craft for kids. Most the supplies you will already have on hand, some of them you can even pick up for FREE in your drive way. Or go for a nature walk to find the rocks them turn them into something extra special.
To make this you will need:
- River Rocks or Stones (can find at Dollar Tree or in your yard)
- Fine or Extra Fine Gold Glitter (can find at Hobby Lobby)
- Mod Podge (matte finish)
- Craft Foam Brush
- Newspaper to cover work area (optional)
1. Cover your work surface with newspaper. This step assists with an easy clean up once you are finished.
2. Using your foam brush paint a thin layer of mod Podge onto a rock or stone.
3. While the Mod Podge is still tacky, lightly sprinkle some of the gold glitter over the area where the Mod Podge is applied.
4. Gently tap the rocks to remove excess glitter and avoid clumps.
5. Allow the area to dry.
6. Once the first area is dry you can work on other sections of the rock until the entire rock is covered in glitter. (I started with the top then worked on the sides then flipped over to do the bottom).
7. Once your rocks are completely dry you can coat the entire rock with a thin layer of Mod Podge (it dries clear) to seal the glitter. This will keep glitter from rubbing off onto other surfaces.
Shamrock Prints ~ Easy Kids Crafts for St. Patrick’s Day
If you like these ideas make sure you follow our St. Patrick’s Day Treats and Fun pinterest board for more ideas.
This post contains amazon links, selection and prices may change without notice.