Each day we will be posting A Thrifty & Thankful Thought of the day from our readers. At the end of the month, one of you will win a $25 Gratitude gift card. For all the details click here. Keep those thrifty thoughts and tips coming!!!
I have enjoyed reading these daily, they have lifted my spirit! I look forward to them each day, we will share a few with you each day. But make sure you read the comment section and read them all!
Todays Thankful Thoughts…
- I am thankful for my precious treasure, my daughter Anne. (Her name means “God is gracious”) After four years of waiting and praying, God answered us and gave us our little bean through the miracle of place my baby for adoption program in May. I thank God every day He didn’t answer my prayer one moment sooner, because I know Anne is the perfect child He had planned for me. I am so grateful every day that, not only am I finally a mommy, I am HER mommy. God is so good!
- My thankful thoughts….. I am thankful for our small home. It is cozy and does not cost a lot to heat. I am thankful for the wonderful teachers that love my two boys dearly every school day. My oldest is on the autism spectrum and the support at our school is amazing. I am thankful for the county we live in. Because of living here we qualify for the best of the best when it comes to autism therapy. We have clinicians come into our home every week free of charge. They educate our entire family and they love us. They are also emotional support for me, the Momma. I love them so! I am thankful for my part-time job that allows me to drop off my kids at school and pick them up after school and work in-between. I am thankful for my Lord God that loves me so unconditionally even when I don’t do everything I should as a parent, wife, daughter, aunt and friend. Everyday is a clean slate from Jesus!
- I am grateful for those who teach CPR and for health care workers. Thanks to someone out there, my father-in-law is still alive today after a major heart attack last night.
- Today it is 26 degrees and the schools closed for the day. I’m thankful that I am able to be a stay at home mom and can enjoy this day with the kids at home. I am thankful that my husband, who is self-employed, has the freedom to stay home with us today also. Our business has just begun to pick up again after one year of no work…during that time our friends and church family have prayed for us and helped us out. I will forever be grateful for that, otherwise we would not have our nice warm home today. In the past we have been ones who gave to others and it’s very humbling to receive help. As things are improving I am looking forward to the future when we will give back even more.
- I am thankful lately for the warmth of home. Something simple, but taken for granted all too often. Sure, we still get chilly now and then, but we can always stay safe inside our imperfect home and make wonderful memories with our three lovely children! Thank you Lord for the simple things!!
- I am thankful for a new puppy God placed in our family, as we lost our precious dog, Charlie, this summer to cancer. Our home has been sad without our special dog. We have all been heartbroken for 6months over our loss and we have prayed a lot about it. We weren’t really looking for another pooch, but somehow God gave us a wonderful 8 month old dog named Bella to brighten our days, and heal our hearts. I am so thankful for my loving husband, our little 2 year old girl Grace, and our new dog Bella. God is good and blesses you when you least expect it and sometimes when you need it the most! Happy Thanksgiving and remember to be thankful ALL year long for your blessings, you never know when they will stop gracing your life!
- Im incredibly thankful for my kids. We had adopted our now 11 year old daughter three years ago and were hopeful that we would be able to adopt again. Last year just before Christmas we met our now son (2 years) and our now daughter (3 years). A few months later we were asked if we would also like to adopt their baby sister and so in the course of 6 months we went from one kid to four! Even though this year has been full of financial hardship, less income and three more kids–Im grateful for the chance to stretch a buck by couponing, budgeting and thrifting. Life sure has changed a lot and some days I think back to simpler times when we had two incomes and one child but I feel so blessed and Im so thankful for getting exactly what I wanted!
What are you thankful for today?