Each day we will be posting A Thrifty & Thankful Thought of the day from our readers. At the end of the month, one of you will win a $25 Gratitude gift card. For all the details click here. Keep those thrifty thoughts and tips coming!!!
I have enjoyed reading these daily, they have lifted my spirit! I look forward to them each day, we will share a few with you each day. But make sure you read the comment section and read them all!
Todays Thankful Thoughts…
- I am thankful for the doc who said to hubby, “hmm, something is not right, let’s run one more test.” I am thankful for the young man (total stranger!) who gave his bone marrow for my husband. I bless you every day. I am thankful that this summer my husband walked his eldest daughter down the aisle. I am thankful for every extra day that God has given us!
- Gratitude Lists are extremely therapeutic! I suffer from chronic medical issues that keep me in pain 24/7 & some days are a lot worse than others. When I’m having a day that’s just wracked with pain, I make out a gratitude list so I don’t sit on the pity pot & start to feel sorry for myself. There’s that story about the boy who felt sorry for himself because he didn’t have any shoes, until he met a man with no legs.
- I am thankful for my amazing family. I have the most incredible husband ever who loves me despite my flaws. My 8 year old, who is outrageously smart and an incredible big brother. And my miracle baby who will be 2 years old next week. Not a day goes by that he doesn’t bring joy to my life. I am so blessed!
- I’m thankful that I live close to family! (And that they make such great and thrifty babysitters!)
- I am thankful for my sweet husband who puts up with me being silly and emotional and still continues to love me and work hard at school so he can find a great job and help support our family.
- I am grateful for my 5 year old son and his 5 year old logic and humor. The other morning while getting my 3 kids ready for school and myself ready for work, my 5 year old son, Xander, was singing at the top of his lungs. Being noisey is normal for him, but it was a little much that morning. So, frustrated, I asked him, “Xander, why are you so loud all the time!” His response, with a warm smile was, “Because Mom, that is the way God made me!” I couldn’t help but crack a smile and give him a big hug. I am thankful for his logic and sense of humor!
What are you Thankful for today?