What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch-Blue Berry Breakfast Cake and fresh peaches
- Dinner- Dinner at Grandmas House
- Breakfast- Blue Berry Breakfast Cake, peaches
- Lunch- Peanut Butter and Jelly, peaches, and carrot sticks
- Dinner- Lemon Chicken, Seasoned Rice, Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots,
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal and Peaches
- Lunch- Left Lemon Chicken and rice
- Dinner- Ham Sandwiches, Watermelon and chips
- Breakfast- Ham and Cheese omelet
- Lunch- Cottage Cheese and Cucumber spears
- Dinner-Dinner- Asian Ginger Sesame Pork Chops , Yellow Squash with Bacon and an Apple, Pear, Spinach salad with Mandarin Orange Lime Poppy Sees Dressing
- Breakfast- Pancakes and Peaches
- Lunch- Bean and Cheese Burritos
- Dinner- Brown Rice & Garden Vegetable Chicken Chili
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Smile Pancakes and fresh peaches
- Dinner-Asian Pork with Peach Glaze, with rice and fresh garden tomatoes and steamed broccoli