What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Ham and Cheese omelets with Strawberry Orange Smoothie
- Dinner- Breaded Fish,Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots, Steamed spinach, Cheese Pizza Monkey Bread Recipe/ Savory Monkey Bread
- Breakfast- Hot Oatmeal
- Lunch- Tacos with rice and beans
- Dinner- Asian Ginger Sesame Pork Chops , Yellow Squash with Bacon and an Apple, Pear, Spinach salad with Mandarin Orange Lime Poppy Sees Dressing
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal
- Lunch- Ham and Cheese Sandwich, Chips and Carrot sticks
- Dinner- Dr Praeger’s Meatless All American Burger, The Pink Stuff Fruit Salad
- Breakfast- Banana Cream Cheese Muffins, and Orange Juice
- Lunch- Blueberry Orange Muffins and left over Fruit Salad
- Dinner- White Sauce Chicken Enchiladas, and Southern Corn
- Breakfast-Cranberry Orange Pecan Muffins
- Lunch-Left over Chicken Enchiladas
- Dinner- French Toast, and Sausage (kids wanted breakfast for dinner… that’s right we are so silly mixing it all up )
- Breakfast- Cranberry Orange Pecan Muffins
- Lunch- Bean and cheese burritos, and spinach salad
- Friday-Penne Rustica, Brussels Spouts and herb bread
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Omelets and Strawberry Orange Smoothies
- Dinner- Took the kids out to eat at Outback Steak House… after a hard day or working in the garden. …. I was just to tired to cook. Either way it was rather tasty!