What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Pancakes with blueberry topping, and Orange Juice
- Dinner- Dinner at Grandmas House
- Breakfast- Pancakes, and orange slices
- Lunch- Cottage Cheese and Cucumber spears
- Dinner-Cheesy vegetable soup, Ham sandwich
- Breakfast- Ham and cheese omelets
- Lunch- left over Cheesy vegetable soup and bread sticks
- Dinner- Took the kids to Half Price Happy Meal Night at McDonalds
- Breakfast- Hot Oatmeal, and bananas
- Lunch- Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich, Apples and celery slices
- Dinner- Roast Beef Potato Rolls, with Brown Gravy and Green Tossed Salad and Baked Apples for dessert
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal
- Lunch- Cottage Cheese, Orange slices, celery and crackers
- Dinner- Penne Rustica, steamed broccoli and herb bread
- Breakfast- Scrambled eggs and toast with oranges juice
- Lunch- Left over Penne Rustica
- Friday-Meat Loaf Patties, Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots, and Oven baked Steak Fries
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Banana Cream Cheese Muffins, with orange juice
- Dinner-Pork roast, Cheesy Califlower and Mac and cheese bake