Healthy Thanksgiving Snacks: Veggie Straw Turkey
Are you looking for a healthy Thanksgiving snack? This veggie straw turkey makes not only a healthy Thanksgiving snack, but a great craft for kids too. Take a look below how fun, frugal, and healthy Thanksgiving snacking and crafting can be.
Here is what you will need:
- Small plastic cup
- Pair googly eyes
- Orange and red paper or craft foam
- Craft glue
- Baked veggie straws
1. Begin by assembling the face of your turkey. Begin by adding a dab of glue to the googly eyes and pressing them to the front of the cup. Hold in place until secure.
2. Snip a small triangle out of your orange paper. Secure it directly under the eyes for the beak of the turkey.
3. Finish the face by creating the gobbler. A strip of red paper or foam works great for this. Secure it under the beak with glue.
4. You will now create the “feathers” of your turkey. Simply place the colorful veggie straws in the cup. You can flare them out a bit if you wish to really look like feathers. Kids will love snacking on their edible turkeys, and you will love how frugal and healthy this Thanksgiving treat is. Gather your supplies and try making your own veggie straw turkeys. They are soon to be a Thanksgiving favorite!
More Thanksgiving and Fall Ideas:TP Roll Leaf Stamps ~ Fall CraftTurkey Pretzel Pops
Free Printable Count and Color Turkey Thanksgiving art