This is a fun recipe we made a while back that is a great way to use leftover chicken! We love making this for a quick lunch, appetizer or just as a snack!
BBQ Chicken Potato Bake recipe
You will need
- 5-7 medium potatoes washed and sliced
- 1/4-1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (can substitute salsa or alfredo if you don’t like BBQ)
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken diced
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions chopped
- dash of oil to coat the potatoes so they don’t stick while cooking
- Salt and pepper
Wash you potatoes and slice in thin layers about 1/8- 1/4 of an inch. Thinner you cut them the quicker they will cook. Put a thin layer of olive oil on a cookie sheet and toss potato slices in it so they get an nice even coating. Season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or till they are fork tender.
Take out of the oven and top with cooked chicken, BBQ sauce, cheese and green onions.
Then put BACK IN THE OVEN at 350 degrees just till cheese it melted (normally about 5 minutes)
My kids love this! If your little ones do not like BBQ sauce you can use salsa or alfredo sauce instead…yummy!