Black Forest Waffle Ice Cream Cake
Black Forest Waffle Ice Cream Cake by Tiffany
Eggo, wanted a recipe using Breyers ice cream for Eggo Week Of Waffles. My mom and I racked our brains for this one. I call her when my brains are fried and I need help with ideas. 😉
My mom, is my long distance sou chef. We joke all the time about this. She’s in Oregon and I’m here in Idaho. We talk EVERYDAY bouncing ideas off each other when it comes to recipes. And of course, we shoot the breeze a lil’ too.
So, being that my mom is a professional cake decorator, I called her. She had some elaborate idea for a towering ice cream waffle cake. Um, but, being that I am NO cake decorator, and most likely if I tried making a towering waffle cake, you’d see the end result all over the floor with the dog licking it up. Yeah, cake decorating is not my thing. I’ll leave it to the pros. What tickles me the most, she had it all planned out in her brain how it should look with instructions to boot. My brain was miles behind hers screaming, “WAIT! Hold the phone, sister!” So after talking for about a hour to my dear madre, I came up with this.
- 12 Eggo waffles -homestyle
- 1 jar (16 oz.) hot fudge topping, homemade or store bought
- 1.5 quart Breyers chocolate ice cream
- 16 oz. chocolate whipped topping
- 1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling & topping
- chocolate shavings for garnish, optional
- Bring waffles to room temp.
- Soften ice cream by removing from the freezer to thaw. You will want your ice cream almost melted, so that it’s easy to spread.
- Spread each waffle with fudge topping. Lay each waffle side by side in two rows in a 3 qt. baking dish. (Each row will have three, for a total of six.)
- Next, spread half the container of ice cream all over the fudge covered waffles. Spread the fudge topped waffles with half the whipped topping. Top whipped topping with half the pie filling. Evenly dredge the filling with a knife. Repeat layers, ending with pie filling on top.
- Now, gently dredge a knife through the pie filling and whipped topping to make it look pretty. Use the remainder whipped topping to star the sides for a finished look. Gently cover and freeze over night. To serve, remove from freezer and let set at room temp for approx. 8-10 minutes before slicing; serve.
*Notes* The chocolate whipped topping I used comes in a bag, frozen all ready to go with star tip. You can find this at Cash & Carry in the freezer section. Bring it home, thaw it in the fridge and your set.
Make sure you check out these other Eggo Waffle Recipes
Disclaimer Eggo supplied the tools needed to create the recipes show above and a stipend.